Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Protest Song - There is Hope

This was written to highlight that, while things might look grim, if we are willing to leave preconceptions and entitlements behind, we can grasp a future of hope.




There is hope beyond the window pane
This feed says I should read today
I know there is hope

There is hope beyond the zealot’s wars
And gunfire at the strongmen’s doors
I know there is hope

(Chorus)
       
There is hope beyond the darkness
There is hope in morning’s light
There is hope if we will leave our preconceptions far behind

There is hope beyond the best laid plans
That only  follow mom’s and dad’s
I know there is hope

There is hope beyond the blind pursuit
Of fatter gains and banker suits
 I know there is hope

(Chorus)


If we learn there is more to this than our lives                                                          
If we learn what we can give in love
If we learn there are times to lay down our rights                    
There is hope

There is hope beyond success defined
As gated homes and finer wines
I know there is hope
There is hope beyond the network crowd
That only follows here and now
I know there is hope

( Chorus)

There is hope beyond the window pane
This feed says I should read today
I know there is hope,  there is hope


No comments:

Post a Comment